Bulletin 3/17/20 COVID-19 UPDATE
As the number of Coronavirus cases continues to surge the Union and Company are in daily contact discussing concerns and solutions. The Erie facility is considered low risk currently and will be monitored closely for a change in status. The Company has indicated that they are implementing measures to address the need to limit unnecessary contact and preventing the spread of the virus.
Some precaution’s that are being taken currently:
• Smaller groups for muster meetings.
• Staggering break time.
• No more than two people at break tables, eating outside common areas.
• Increased GEI cleaning schedules for the facility and shared equipment
You should follow these precautions to help prevent the spread:
• Stay home if you are sick. If you are sick call Lincoln Financial at
1-844-829-5509 to open a short-term disability claim. NOTE: Effective March 13, 2020 -April 12, 2020 employees who call off at least one hour before their scheduled start time will not be assessed attendance points and will not be required to use their paid time off if they choose not to. In addition, if an employee is at work and needs to leave because they are ill the same will apply. As a reminder the call-off number is (814)875-4000.
• If people are visibly sick, they are being directed to see their doctors.
• If people are feeling ill, and have any of these symptoms’ coughs, shortness of breath or fever they should call (814)875-2034 before entering the Medical Center. One of the staff will meet you at the door
• Stop Shaking hands when saying hello or greeting other people.
• Distance Yourself at least 6 feet away from others as much as possible. There should be no more than 2 people per lunch table to maintain a 6-foot distance. • Reduce social interaction.
• Stay In your designated work area to limit interaction.
• Wash Your hands often with soap and water for at least 60 seconds.
• Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer prior to entering break rooms to avoid contamination.
• Disinfect your cell phone and PPE on a regular basis
• Cover Your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow/sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands. Clean Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The company has created a coronavirus website to keep employees informed. Employees who don’t have Wabtec Email can access the site by using the email Wabtecuser@watec.com and passwordWab@12345. Please continue to monitor uelocal506.com for updates.